- There are no State or Federal programs available to help low income families get
diapers and wipes.
- One of the top requested items on the needs list of clients and agencies are diapers and wipes.
- Parents clean and re-use disposable diapers due to not having enough.
- Not having diapers available keeps families from being able to go out, do errands, see doctors and prohibits the ability to use daycares,
nurseries and schools.
- Families compromise on essentials like bills, food and rent, being forced to choose between necessities and diapers.
- A sizable portion living above poverty level deal with financial stresses of living paycheck to paycheck.
- Babies left in dirty diapers cause health issues, discomfort and crying, affecting emotional states and increasing the odds for abuse.
- When clean diapers cannot be provided feelings of guilt, frustration and anxiety affect mood and self esteem.
- Cloth diapers are not an option because washing in public machines is not allowed, access or transport to washers and dryers is limited, soap is costly and not covered by programs.